Kristen E. Andrushko

Saturday, September 24, 2011

WebLog6

My twitter literacy level is very low. I have made three accounts because I keep telling myself that I am going to learn how to use it, but every time I try I give up within a month. I am part of Nielsons study where “60% of new Twitter uses fail to return the following month.” I think twitter.com is a very hard site to learn for beginners. I am usually able to navigate easily around on webpages, but not on twitter. I could not even figure out how follow a friend. Maybe one day I will figure it out. 


After watching that video, I think I will try to use twitter again.


In the past, literacy skills included reading and writing. Nowadays it is being able to use a computer to look up information, navigate programs, and contribute information to others. Schools are now also teaching students how to use a computer. There are classes that are mandatory for students. Also there are after school programs students can take. These programs are to teach students how to use a computer appropriately. Appropriately would be to use it for school work, looking up information, and reading the news. Social networking at time can be positive, but sometimes people use it too much. The relationship between technology, participatory cultures, and 21st Century Literacy is that technology is the physical piece which is used by participatory cultures who have the 21st Century Literacy. Technology causes a social divide because not everyone has the 21st Century Literacy skills of technology. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home