Kristen E. Andrushko

Sunday, September 4, 2011

WebLog3


Social Justice is “the equal rights and opportunities within a society.” In Miller’s “The Scope of Social Justice” he explains his three points of social justice. His first point is knowing how many people are in the society. His second point is knowing how to distribute the rights and opportunities among the society. Miller’s last point is how the society is regulated. In my blog, I came up with two contrasting theories from Le Guin’s story. My first theory is that everyone should come together and do what is morally and socially correct. My second theory is that everyone should watch out for themselves, only worry about them being happy, and that their own decisions lead them to where they are in life. Miller and Le Guin both have some same opinions as well as different ones about social justice. 
Miller and my first theory of social justice have a lot in common. My first theory states that everyone should come together and do what is morally and socially correct. My theory is about equality and everyone should come together and help each other. They both think equality is the best way. Meaning that everything should be divided up evenly and that just because someone is of a different color does not mean that they should get more. Another example is that men should not have more rights than women. They are different because Miller believes that a government should handle everything while my theory is depending on the people of the society. 
Depending on the source, theories of social justice can widely vary. My second theory and Miller’s theory are not alike. My second theory is that everyone should watch out for themselves, only worry about them being happy, and that their own decisions lead them to where they are in life. My theory is stating that individuals should make sure they get what they want even if it hurts others. Miller believes in the opposite. He believes we should know how many people are in the society and make sure everything is distributed out evenly. 
Citations: 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home